The Damm Group is an organisation that basically engages in the domestic manufacturing and distribution of drinks (mainly beer) and in the provision of services. CONSUMER, CLIENT, SHAREHOLDER and EMPLOYEE satisfaction forms the basis on which its quest for COMPETITIVENESS and PROFITABILITY rests, by offering a QUALITY PRODUCT, always acting with the utmost respect for the environment and the safety of persons.
The Damm Group entrusted ICNITA to study, define and execute its project for implanting a system of circulation of vehicles, people and goods lifts around its new plant in Barcelona’s Logistic Activities Area (ZAL).
The ICNITA solution was integrated with the warehouse management and logistics software in order to guarantee and optimise the plant-bay loading and unloading processes.
1. The lorry gains access to the plant using a driver-identification card, if the driver belongs to the DAMM company.
2. The driver is assigned an RFID card if he does not belong to the DAMM company.
3. The system informs the management system of the lorry’s entry, and this in turn tells the driver which bay he has been assigned for loading his trailer.
4. Once parked at the bay, the driver identifies himself using the card and the goods lifts are informed that the lorry is parked.
5. The goods lifts load the lorry and once loading has been completed the bay closes automatically.
6. The lorry leaves the premises and, by means of a reader at the exit, the system informs the management software accordingly.
DAMM manages to reduce lorry waiting times by optimising loading processes for both its own and outside lorries.
By optimising processes it improves profitability and logistics problems in general.